Give an hour. Give a Saturday. Give your best. We all have special talents. And when we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. Here are a few things that you can do to help out!
- REAL Men Read MENtors (volunteer male readers)
- REAL Men Read Volunteer Assistants
- REAL Men Read Schedule Coordinator
- Click here for REAL Men Read program information
Why should I volunteer?
- It saves resources. Volunteering provides valuable community services so that funds can be given to support our partner agencies and spent on local improvements.
- Volunteers gain professional experience. Volunteering is a great way to gain professional experience and improve skills as you give back to your community.
- It brings people together. As a volunteer, you have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people, as well as other volunteers who share the same interests and passions as you. Plus, it is a great way to team build with co-workers, and spend quality time with friends and family.
- It promotes personal growth and self esteem. Understanding community needs helps foster empathy and self-efficacy.
- Volunteering strengthens your community. As a volunteer you help support families, improve schools, help the sick and elderly, support youth, and beautify the community.
- You learn a lot. Volunteers learn about their own hidden talents and interests, as well as gain knowledge of local resources available to solve community needs.
- You get a chance to give back. People like to support community resources that they use themselves or that benefit those they care about.
- Volunteering encourages civic responsibility. Community service and volunteerism are investments in our community and the people who live in it.
- You make a difference. Every person counts! If 1,000 people gave 10 hours over 10 weeks, we would see 10,000 hours of community change.
Interested in Volunteering? Click here.